Model 5300 Series Swing-Tamp Label Printer-Applicator
This Weber exclusive provides high-resolution printing and high-speed operation combined with the swing-tamp method of label application that affixes labels to the leading or trailing side of a product.
- Choose from a wide range of 203, 300 and 600 dpi print engines
- Capable of handling print speeds up to 16 ips
- Numerous I/O’s ease interfacing with external devices
- Monitor operation via a web browser
- Available with RFID capability
Model 5300 Series Swing Tamp Label Printer-Applicator
Weber’s Model 5300 swing-tamp system is redefining the meaning of versatility in the printing and application of pressure-sensitive labels to the leading or trailing side of a product. This is the best way to add a label to your product front or back while moving along your production line.
In addition to offering a broad selection of high-quality print engines that feature various print resolutions and label dispensing rates, this Model 5300 system is available with optional RFID print-encode engines.
Standard direct and thermal-transfer print engines from manufacturers Zebra, SATO and Datamax produce text, bar codes and graphic images at 203, 300 or 600 dpi. The Zebra-based RFID models combine these printing capabilities with the encoding and verification of RFID inlays to meet EPC Gen 2 protocols.
Special Features & Options
The Model 5300 swing tamp system includes a number of noteworthy features that add to the operational versatility of this printer-applicator.
• Swing tamp application: This method of label placement is used to apply a label to the front or back of a product as it travels on a conveyor line. A printed label is fed onto a pad and held by vacuum; the unit’s 90-degree swing arm then extends to apply the label.
• Browser-based monitoring: The status of all operational functions and configurations can be monitored by logging on to a web page that is unique to each Model 5300 unit.
• Numerous I/O’s: The system can be interfaced with many types of external devices.
• One-to-one media consumption: Special label unwind and rewind dimensions are matched to the system’s ribbon supply to ensure they are consumed at the same rate, reducing downtime and eliminating partial changeovers.
• Print job storage: Multiple label printing formats can be stored in the system’s memory, making it easier for an operator to select a job directly from the applicator instead of downloading a computer file.
The Model 5300 swing tamp system boasts numerous additional features including an upgradeable microprocessor controller, various inputs/outputs, plus durable construction that will withstand harsh industrial environments.
There also are several optional enhancements that can increase the system’s functionality. A product height sensor, for example, enables the printer-applicator to label items of varying heights delivered by the same conveyor.
Other options include a 15-foot umbilical connection that enables the remote location of the unit’s controller; an adjustable stand for optimum system orientation; label-on-pad and product-presence sensors; plus beacon light alerts to signal the status of label and ribbon supplies.
Adobe Reader is required to open and view PDF files. This can be downloaded free from adobe.com.
A new system for the classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures was introduced throughout Europe on 20th January 2009, when the European GHS regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, also referred to as CLP regulation, entered into force. The new EU directive also affects labelling requirements. New pictograms in the shape of a red diamond with a white background are replacing the orange ones in the EU.View Product
Checker Vision Sensor Features
The Checker® vision sensor is an award winning all-in-one industrial sensor with built-in camera, processor, lighting, optics, and I/O capable of detecting and inspecting up to 6,000 parts per minute–all in an industrial IP67 enclosure small enough to fit into the tightest of spaces.View Product
Label printer and dispenser for all labelling tasks
The new Legi-Air 5300 from Bluhm Systems is a modular Label printer and dispenser distinguished by its extremely versatile applications and a very high operating run time. In addition, the system offers a high degree of operator-friendliness: the operator is supported in his work by several functions such as service interval or operating condition display.View Product
HIGH-PERFORMANCE SCANNER WITH FUZZY LOGIC
Premium scanning for all 1D codes including poorly printed, damaged or low contrast bar codes or fast and accurate reading of damaged, dirty and poorly printed barcodes typically found in industrial environments.View Product