Pressure-sensitive adhesive works not only due to its initial tack, but also its slight absorption into the surface of the label substrate. Because the specific characteristics of different substrates can prevent the absorption of adhesive and therefore weaken its adhesion, it is important to consider the substrate material and texture, its shape and its temperature at application.
Rubber-based adhesives typically are more economical than others, but lack extreme cold-temperature-resistant qualities.
- 155 Performance Permanent – Permanent, rubber-based adhesive used on corrugated, metal, glass, plastic, wood, and many other surfaces. Excellent on polyethylene films. The ultimate in quick-stick properties.
- 175 Economy Permanent – Permanent, rubber-based adhesive ideal for corrugated and other packaging applications.
- 355 Cold Temperature Permanent – Permanent rubber-based adhesive that adheres strongly to steel, fiber, and plastic drums. Ideal for chemical drum applications.
- 375 Broad Temperature Permanent – Permanent, rubber-based adhesive with a wide temperature range.
- 655 Specialty Permanent – Features a high degree of initial tack and ultimate removability from painted steel or high and low surface energy plastics.
Acrylic-based adhesives have a lower degree of initial tack than their rubber-based counterparts; however, after 24 hours they generally are as permanent as rubber-based. In addition, acrylics resist both low and high temperatures.
- 125 Economy Permanent Acrylic – Permanent, all-purpose acrylic adhesive that adheres to a variety of surfaces, particularly corrugated and packaging films.
- 425 Performance Permanent Acrylic – All-weather, acrylic emulsion adhesive that excels in flash freeze, frozen, and cold temperature applications. Adheres to many more shapes and surfaces than conventional adhesives. Extremely stable.
- 430 Standard Permanent Acrylic – Permanent, acrylic-based adhesive that displays excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces including corrugated, plastic, metal, and glass. Features a high degree of initial tack and long- term bond strength.
- 475 All-Purpose Acrylic – Permanent, all-purpose acrylic that offers a high degree of initial tack, ultimate bond strength and excellent UV resistance; ideal for outdoor use.
- 3000 Outdoor Permanent Acrylic – High tack, acrylic adhesive used primarily for outdoor drum labeling applications. The best acrylic for quick-stick applications.
- 500 Removable – Durable adhesives which provide long-lasting bond strength, yet can be removed cleanly from a wide variety of surfaces—including glass, metal, wood, plastic, and corrugated.
- 600 Opaque – Permanent, pressure-sensitive adhesives tinted black with strong initial tack to corrugated surfaces. Ideal for covering existing labels to block-out fixed information.
- 2000 Repositionable – Unique acrylic adhesive developed so labels can be removed cleanly and re-adhered to virtually all smooth, flat surfaces while retaining superb bonding strength.
- Ultraplate Select and Plus – High-performance, permanent acrylic adhesive that adheres well to aluminum, painted metal, steel, plastic, polypropylene, polyethylene, and polyvinyl chloride. Offers high degree of tack and ultimate bond strength; shows superior versatility for durable nameplate applications.
Adobe Reader is required to open and view PDF files. This can be downloaded free from adobe.com.
Everyone uses sunscreen these days whether at the beach, playing sports outdoors, or at a family picnic. But how do you make your sunscreen product stand out from the hundreds of others on the store shelf? A simple, clean label design on a unique shaped container is the best way to get noticed. Bright colors and large characters for the SPF number are important considerations.View Product
MOBILE DEVICE COMPANION
The ideal companion for tablets and more, this affordable pocket-sized device offers our most advanced barcode scanning technology, able to capture virtually any barcode, in any condition, in the time it takes to press the trigger.View Product
Heavy-duty labels that look good. Labels used in the automotive parts industry have to be tough to stand up to the harsh environments where they are used. But that doesn’t mean they can’t look good, too. Bright, colorful consumer parts labels need to add life and value to your packaging while OEM parts need durable […]View Product
A core requirement of the European Directive 2011/62/EU that will come into force by 2016 is to equip the outer packaging of medicals with a tamper evident feature. Which should ensure the customer that he is the first opening the package.View Product